Features of volumetric patterns with knitting needles
Different types of frequent patterns are most often knitted:
- warm sweaters;
- hats and scarves;
- heels on toes;
- pockets, fasteners and other decorative elements.
The more compact you need the texture, the smaller the diameter you need to take needles or a hook. Ideally, the knitting needles should be thinner than the thread being used. All products will turn out to be very thick, are difficult to deform, and retain heat for a long time. The ornament must also be chosen without openwork elements..
Creation of air relief using knitting needles includes such techniques as:
- adding, moving or decreasing loops;
- knitting additional rows on the site.
In addition, there are countless variations with combinations of different ways..
- drawings with an offset of loops – snakes, chains, braids;
- openwork knitting – paths, zigzags, diamonds, leaves, stripes;
- fancy – a combination of convex and planar patterns.
The trend-city.ru website catalog contains examples of work with visual illustrations, allowing you to learn in more detail how to create volumetric patterns with knitting needles with descriptions and diagrams.
Tight knit for beginners
The simplest knitting pattern that even a young craftswoman can master. The product will turn out to be quite thick. It is carried out mainly from simple loops. Most often, beginners choose a simple stitch pattern. When the outside of the product is knitted by persons, and inside the wrong side.
If you want to diversify your work, you should pay attention to such drawings as a checkerboard or honeycomb. They will add extra volume and will not look too simple. If the needlewoman has already mastered yakida, you can take the simplest braids.
Dense knitting patterns
Knitted patterns are the basis of knitting. Such products perfectly keep their shape, warm in cold weather and serve their owners for many years. To create them, you need to master two types of loops: facial and purl. Therefore, even beginners can master this knitting method..
The main feature of the picture will be a medium-sized clear ornament similar to fabric. The drawing can be smooth or three-dimensional. The yarn should be used without thickening with a strong twist. Such threads hold their shape and ornament better..
Single crochet stitch
To create such products, you need to master only the type of columns without a crochet. The products are very warm. To begin with, a chain of air loops of the desired size is typed, and then each loop is knitted with columns without a crochet. When moving from row to row, you need to make an air loop for a straight edge.
Tight knit for a sweater
Sweaters are great for the cold season. Therefore, they are always based on compact knitting. It warms up at any time of the year, does not deform and serves for many years.
One of the most commonly used knitting is honeycomb. It can be done both in one color and in several colors..
Warm sweaters and jackets are made with different braids. There are a huge number of weave options. The ornament can be both small and very large. Nowadays, often the front side of women’s sweaters is made with an ordinary satin stitch, and openwork braids are made on the back. Thus, a seemingly simple sweater turns into a modern product for fashionistas..
Men’s sweaters are most often performed with an elastic band. There are also a large number of its varieties. Most often they use an English gum or an ordinary two by two.
Thick knit for a coat
Crochet allows you to create a tight pattern to suit your coat. Such a product will turn out to be very warm and is perfect for cool summer evenings and early autumn..
The handmade coat, knitted with a zigzag ornament, looks original. For work, it is better to take several shades of yarn that are combined with each other and determine how often the colors will change.
The simplest coat can be made from the fans described above. Tunisian knitting, corn, rice fields will do. Outerwear made using the technique of scales looks original.
However, it should be borne in mind that a coat of yarn is afraid of getting wet, it gets dirty easily and is subject to mechanical damage. Therefore, you should put it on only in clear weather and handle it carefully..
A dense knitting or crochet pattern is perfect for warm items such as hats and scarves, sweaters and even coats. They are usually based on simple basic knitting methods. At the same time, you can diversify them with openwork inserts. Even novice craftswomen can knit a warm scarf for autumn and winter. A wide selection of ornaments will allow you to choose a design for every taste and wardrobe..
Bosnian ornament is knitted from simple connecting posts. Suitable for knitting hats, scarves and outerwear.
Looks especially beautiful when used in men’s clothes. It is based on knitting double crochets and single crochets.
Less thick knit. Simple in execution on the one hand, while it requires the attention of a craftswoman. Looks good on women’s sweaters, blankets and hats. You can use multi-colored threads. Depending on the number of columns, the width and height of the fan varies..
Weaving is a simple ornament suitable for novice craftswomen. The first chain report consists of three loops + two hem. The alternation is as follows – three simple ones, which are combined with one crochet. The second row is knitted with purl loops, respectively.
Important! To make a yarn over, do not tighten the thread too much when working..
Double-sided pattern, used for knitting hats, scarves and coats. The report consists of four loops; the drawing is 4 series high. The first strip is knitted by alternating the face and the wrong side. In the second row, smooth loops are knitted above the face, the purl loops are removed with a crochet.
Third row – one yarn over, transfer the next loop with it, knit the wrong one with your face. Then the report is repeated. Fourth – the face is knitted, then two yarns are knitted with the purl.
Simple and laconic ornament consists of alternating face and seamy side. Bilateral. May look different depending on how the buttonholes are knitted. Knits according to the same principle as elastic band 1 * 1.
Columns without crochet
They fold into a flat canvas, while creating a rather beautiful appearance. To knit this pattern, a chain of air loops is typed, and then a single crochet is knitted in the second from the hook.
And then, in the length of the entire chain, 1 single crochet is knitted in each loop. Knitting turns, 1 air loop is made and the row is knitted further like the first.
It can be knitted not only in 1 color, but also in different colors. 5 crochet stitches are knitted in one loop here at once. Between the fans, 5 loops of the previous row, while in the third, a single crochet is knitted.
The pattern does not stretch or deform. For a more comfortable wearing, be sure to use an elastic band. There are many options for drawing, diagrams and detailed descriptions can be viewed in specialized books or on the Internet.
The pearl ornament is suitable for making men’s clothes. The alternation of the front and back loops is knitted. In this case, the wrong side is knitted over the face, the face is knitted over the wrong side.
During knitting of dense patterns, the skill of self-checking and accuracy, attentiveness, develops. The result will be an ornament if you follow the patterns exactly. The master class should start with the study of the basic techniques used. If you master them, no scheme will cause difficulties. Any drawing can be chosen, and there are many of them, and even from time to time new ones are invented..
You need to learn to knit:
- regular front and back loops;
- English facial and purl;
- removed hinges;
Working with dense ornaments will help develop attentiveness to all the subtleties, the smallest nuances. For example, knit loops can be tied using the front or back thread. These are different techniques that a beginner might consider to be the same. With a little practice, you can learn to automatically distinguish between them. The embossed pattern does not have to be unraveled, row by row.
If you like the ornament, but for some reason it does not work out, it is better to practice a little, and then choose a less complex one. A month will pass, another and errors will be found. The English elastic band can be replaced with a regular one, for example, and the pigtails with bumps. It will be more interesting to knit if you act like this.
Textured braid and alternatives
Fantastically warm and beautiful things are easy to create with textured braids. It is also a great option for the manufacture of individual parts, such as pockets, collars, belt, hood and others..
A skein of yarn, knitting needles, photos of various knitting patterns – all you need to get started. They knit a textured braid like this:
- The number of loops is a multiple of 8 plus 2 edging.
- The first row consists entirely of purl.
- In the second, the first 4 loops are transferred to the spare knitting needle. Behind them knit the next 4 p. Loans return the loops with an additional one, knit them out with the front.
- Third and all odd knit purl.
- The fourth begins with an edge and 4 persons. The next 4 persons are removed, placed behind the canvas. The following 4 persons are knitted, those on the additional knitting needle are returned to the main one. Make them faces.
This ornament repeats the effect of a diagonal textured braid without crossing over:
- the report consists of 4 p., 11 p.;
- 1st – 1 y., 3 out .;
- 2nd and all even ones according to their position;
- scheme of the 3rd p. – 2 y., 2 out.;
- 5th – 3 years, 1 out;
- 7th – 3. out, 1 l.;
- 9th – 2 out., 2 l.;
- 11th – 1 out., 3 p.;
- repeat the report.
Just as effective and practical as a textured braid is a “checkerboard”. There are no crossed loops in it:
- The first row consists of two cr-x, four persons-x. and four of them.
- The second, third and fourth correspond to the picture.
- In the fifth, instead of persons, they do wear and vice versa..
The chessboard is in many ways similar to braiding, however, the canvas turns out to be less voluminous..
To achieve the effect of three-dimensionality, without resorting to the complex technique of crossing the loops, you can choose the following ornament:
- Collect a multiple of the number of the report plus two cr-e (the report is 12 p.).
- First p. – 2 life, 2 years, 2 life, 6 years.
- The second and all even ones fit in accordance with the pattern.
- Third – 2 life. 2 years, 2 life, 6 life.
- The fifth and ninth knit as the first, and the seventh as the third.
- In the eleventh, instead of a fragment with alternating wear-x and persons-x, a fragment is made consisting of one type of loops. Instead of persons-x, respectively, a fragment with alternation. Nine more r-in are knitted according to the same pattern.
What things can be connected
This knitting technique is mainly used to create:
- warm clothes and accessories: scarves, hats, socks, blankets;
- when decorating individual elements of men’s and women’s clothing, when you want to play beautifully with light and shadow, highlight certain parts.
Sweaters, tunics or dresses with bulging details are especially suitable for slender girls who want to change their shape. For example, give your figure more seductive or rounded shapes by visually enlarging your breasts, hips and emphasizing the waist.
Considering the specifics of the female and male silhouette, choose a bulky knit for those moments that need to be highlighted. Those that need to be deepened, reduced or hidden, knit with satin stitch.
For those who are interested in how to knit things using volumetric patterns, we recommend using the site’s tools.
- in the catalog menu located in the upper left corner, select the general category, then in the submenu find the desired category and open the page;
- consider the sample you like by clicking on the image and enlarging it;
- click on the button “more” and get a diagram with a description.
- download or print the material, share it via social networks with those who will find it useful.
Which yarn is suitable
In order to form a three-dimensional effect, it is better to use thick natural fiber threads of one or two colors..
The following materials are ideal for creating this impressive result:
- cotton – is hygroscopic, durable, heat-resistant;
- viscose is a synthetic fiber that is closest to natural;
- wool – perfectly retains heat, absorbs moisture, suitable for knitting smooth, embossed variegated ornaments;
- cashmere is one of the most luxurious and expensive materials and is made from the undercoat of a highland goat;
- mohair – threads that are airy by themselves, and with the help of handicraft tricks, the action is doubled;
- angora – a thread from angora rabbit fluff with a characteristic delicate pile and an exceptionally soft structure.
In addition, to create embossed products, blended, pile or bouclé yarn is used, which is practical, elegant and comfortable..
Knowing how children do not like prickly sweaters, for children’s clothing, of course, it is better to choose the softest and least fuzzy, hypoallergenic fiber like cotton, merino wool, viscose or baby acrylic.
Learning to choose thick yarn:
- Thick yarns are skeins in which, per 100 g of weight, 140 m. They are made from both synthetic and natural fibers..
- Good yarns – even and smooth.
- The yarn label has a rectangle with a skein and numbers – from zero to six. These numbers indicate how thick the thread is. Thick yarn is numbered five and six..
Use needles for working with thick threads, choose 6-8 mm. And if your yarn is number six, then the needles should be nine millimeters.
Garter stitch and its analogue
Garter knitting is very popular. Often used to make edging. All rows are knitted exclusively with purl. Its improved version, an independent ornament, which makes the canvas voluminous and dense, tight knit 2×2.
- the first row is knitted with wear, as is the case with the classic version;
- the second and all even ones – in accordance with the position of the loops (in this case, persons);
- the third is completely persons;
- purl fifth.
The pattern can be done in two colors, but it looks great on its own..
Pigtails and analog-illusion
Crossover is always used to create braids. The minimum report is 8 p., 6 p.
- Having typed the number of loops, a multiple of 8 plus cr-e, you should knit the edging with garter stitch, rice or satin stitch, an elastic band. Then, according to this scheme – two out-e, four persons-e, two out-e.
- 2nd p. and other even ones knit the way the loops lie.
- In the 3rd, make two purl, remove two loops on an additional knitting needle. Having placed them in front of the canvas, they knit two faces, then return them to the main one, make them faces. The last two stitches of the report are purl.
- 5th p., 7th knit in accordance with the pattern, and in the 9th they cross again (but the removed two persons should be placed behind the canvas).
An original small pigtail can be turned into a more complex tourniquet. Or you can knit an illusion ornament or imitation of a braid. You do not need to cross the loops. Effortlessly, a beautiful relief is created on the canvas according to the following scheme:
- Report 20 p. First row with facial.
- Second and all even according to the position of the loops.
- The third and fifth knit like this – two out-e, four l-e, six out-x, four l-e, four out-e.
- Seventh fully face-mi.
- Ninth – four l-e, six out-x, four l-e, six out-x.
- Up to the thirteenth row, they knit the loops as they lie, they do not change anything. Its fully facial.
- The fifteenth consists of two l., Six out., Four l., Six out., Two l.
Curls created with a 4-knit report fragment are constantly offset by 2 loops.
A collection of schemes of complex and simple dense ornaments will help you master the basics, learn new tricks, complement your wardrobe with an interesting sweater, sweater, jacket in a sporty or business, romantic style. It should be remembered that these types of patterns can also be used to create summer clothes..
Knitting elastic bands
Various elastic bands are knitted with thick yarn. Here are some of their common schemes:
- classic (1 on 1);
- simple (3 by 2);
- convex (2 by 2);
- cartridge case;
These patterns can decorate any item and make it less strict. At the same time, the choice of various openwork lines is very large. But the special popularity of this knitting is added by the simplicity of its implementation. After all, the whole process of work consists of knitting loops and yarns. Therefore, even without experience, everyone will be able to make openwork paths on their product and make it original..
Pattern for a summer blouse
The main thing in knitted summer things is the choice of thread. For hot weather, it should be thin with the addition of cotton in the composition.
This season, leaf patterns or geometric designs are popular. The choice of patterns is huge and having made it, you can start knitting. Be sure that such a thing will be a great addition to your wardrobe. At the same time, such a sleeveless jacket can be worn in the fall, under a thin golf.
Before you start choosing a knitting pattern for an openwork edge, decide what kind of finish you need to complete..
In practice, there are several types of openwork finishing:
- the bottom of a skirt, dress or other product;
- necks or collars;
- extreme cuts of the shelves;
- stoles and shawls.
In addition, needlewomen use bottom and top trim. The first option is simple enough. You knit an openwork fabric separately, and then connect it to the main product.
But with the top finishing, you will have to work hard, because you will need to ideally adjust the number of loops to the rapport of the main pattern.
Advice! If you do not want the edge to be curled or deform over time, be sure to choose openwork patterns with garter stitch elements..
Volumetric knitting pattern “Waves”
This heavy, tight pattern is suitable for winter sweaters, sweaters, snoods and hats for men and women.
We knit according to the scheme, it shows all the rows.
Horizontal P is equal to 9p., Vertical – from 1p. for 13 rubles. The first row of the scheme is purl and is performed out. loops. All odd p. schemes – purl, even – facial.
Bubbles pattern: video master class
Volumetric knitting pattern “Rhombuses”
Very versatile drawing. Such rhombuses can be used to knit a women’s or men’s sweater, jacket, hat, scarf. Ideal for baby clothes.
The initial number of loops is 12p. + 2p. for symmetry + 2 edging. Remove the first edge stitches without knitting, knit the last one with the wrong side. We invite you to understand the pattern of knitting a pattern with knitting needles with a description.
The repeated fragments of the figure are indicated in the description by * – *. Operating procedure:
- 1p .: persons. NS.;
- 2p., 4p., 6p., 8p.: Out. NS.;
- 3p .: 1 persons. p., * remove 2p. for add. knitting needle by canvas, 2 persons. n., 2p. with add. knitting needles. p., 4 persons. p., remove 2p. for add. knitting needle in front of the canvas, 2 persons.p., 2p. with add. knitting needles knit persons. p. * 1 person. p.;
- 5r .: persons. NS.;
- 7p .: 1 persons. n., * 2 persons. etc., remove 2p. for add. knitting needle in front of the canvas, 2 persons. n., 2p. with add. knitting needles knit persons. etc., remove 2p. for add. knitting needle behind the canvas, 2 persons.p., 2p. with add. knitting needles. n., 2 persons. p. * 1 person. p..
Next, we knit, repeating from 1p. 8p each.
Pattern “Orange slices”: video master class
3D chain pattern
Volumetric knitting patterns with a three-dimensional effect are dense, suitable for winter clothes. This pattern can be used to knit a sweater or coat. The finished canvas seems to be created from three layers: the seamy surface and two layers of chains on it. To complete this pattern, you will need an additional knitting needle or hook..
We knit according to the scheme, which shows all the p.
Horizontal P consists of 16p., Vertical – of 20p.
The plaid associated with this voluminous pattern looks very unusual..
The scheme for working on the drawing is very simple. To complete it, it is enough to be able to perform purl and front loops.
The initial number of ptl should be a multiple of 12 (they make up the horizontal P). In height, P consists of 1p. for 44 rubles. For beginner knitters, we offer a detailed description of the scheme. The repeated fragments of the figure are indicated in the description * – *. Operating procedure:
- 1p .: * 6 l / p, 6 i / p *;
- 2p. and all even: according to the visible pattern;
- 3p .: * 1 l / p, 5 i / p, 5 l / p, 1 i / p *;
- 5p .: * 1 i / p, 1 l / p, 4 i / p, 4 l / p, 1 i / p, 1 l / p *;
- 7p .: * 1 l / p, 1 i / p, 1 l / p, 3 i / p, 3 l / p, 1 i / p, 1 l / p, 1 i / p *;
- 9p.: * (1 i / n, 1 l / n) x2, 2 i / n, 2 l / n, (1 i / p, 1 l / n) x2 *;
- 11p .: * (1 l / p, 1 i / p) x6 *;
- 13r.: * (1 i / p, 1 l / p) x6 *;
- 15r.: * (1 l / p, 1 i / p) x2, 2 l / p, 2 i / p, (1 l / p, 1 i / p) x2;
- 17r .: * 1 i / p, 1 l / p, 1 i / p, 3 l / p, 3 i / p, 1 l / p, 1 i / p, 1 l / p *;
- 19r .: * 1 l / p, 1 i / p, 4 l / p, 4 i / p, 1 l / p, 1 i / p *;
- 21r .: * 1 i / p, 5 l / p, 5 i / p, 1 l / p *;
- 23r.: * 6 l / p, 6 i / p *;
- 25 rubles.: * 5 l / p, 1 i / p, 1 l / p, 5 i / p *;
- 27r.: * 4 l / n, (1 i / n, 1 l / n) x2, 4 i / n *;
- 29r .: * 3 l / p, (1 i / n, 1 l / n) x3, 3 i / n *;
- 31r .: * 2 l / p, (1 i / n, 1 l / n) x4, 2 i / n;
- 33r .: * (1 l / p, 1 i / p) x6 *;
- 35 rubles.: * (1 i / p, 1 l / p) x6 *;
- 37r.: * 2 l / p, (1 l / p, 1 i / p) x4, 2 l / p *;
- 39r.: * 3 l / p, (1 l / p, 1 i / p) x3, 3 l / p *;
- 41r .: * 4 l / p, (1 l / p, 1 i / p) x2, 4 l / p *;
- 43r .: * 5 i / p, 1 l / p, 1 i / p, 5 l / p *;
- 45r.: Cubes are tied from the 1st r.
3D knitting pattern: video master class
The volumetric structure of the pattern imitates fish scales or crocodile skin. With such an unusual and fashionable pattern, you can knit both small items such as snoods and hats, and large items such as cardigans and coats..
Consider a step-by-step description of knitting. We start with a set of eyelets. Their number should be a multiple of 8 plus 2 chrome. In the following description, the edge ptls are not indicated. The repeated fragments of the figure are indicated in the description by * – *. Operating procedure:
- 1p .: out.
- 2p.: We knit all ptl persons / p with double wrapping (= when knitting each ptl, we wrap the knitting needle with a slave thread twice).
- 3r.: All ptl to connect persons / p, lowering the made turns on the cn. – we get elongated n.
- 4p.: * From 7p. we will link 1 out / p,
further from 1p. we will connect 7p. (= 1l. + 1n. + 1l. + 1n. + 1l. + 1n. + 1l.) *;
- 5r.: Out / p;
- 6p .: like 2p .;
- 7p .: as 3p .;
- 8p.: Like 4p., But mirrored – * from 1p. we will link 7p. (= 1p. + 1n. + 1p. + 1n. + 1p. + 1n. + 1p.), From 7p. we will link 1 out / p *.
Next, we repeat knitting with 1p.
From the inside out, the canvas looks like this.
Pattern “Bumps”: video master class
Beautiful pattern suitable for knitting hats, pullovers, sweaters and coats.
We suggest you understand the knitting pattern of the pattern.
The recruited number of ptl is a multiple of 16p. Repeat sections are marked with asterisks * – *.
- 1p .: * 1i., 2l., 2i., Transfer 2p. on auxiliary cn. before the sample, 1i., 2l. with auxiliary cn., transfer 1p. on auxiliary cn. behind the sample, 2l., 1i. with auxiliary cn., 2i., 2l., 1i. *;
- 2p. and all even: according to the picture;
- 3p.: * 1i., 2l., 2i., Transfer 2p. on auxiliary cn. in front of the canvas, 1i., 2l. with auxiliary cn., 2i., transfer 2p. on auxiliary cn. behind the canvas, 2l., 2l. with auxiliary cn., 2i., transfer 1p. on auxiliary cn. behind the canvas, 2l., 1i. with auxiliary cn., 1i. *;
- 5p.: * 2i., Transfer 2p. on auxiliary cn. before the sample, 1i., 2l. with auxiliary cn., 2i., transfer 1p. on auxiliary cn. behind the canvas, 2l., 1i. with auxiliary cn., transfer 2p. on auxiliary cn. in front of the canvas, 1i., 2l. with auxiliary cn., transfer 1p. on auxiliary cn. behind the canvas, 2l., 1i. with auxiliary cn., 2i. *;
- 7p.: * 3i., Transfer 2p. on auxiliary cn. before the sample, 2L., 2L. with auxiliary cn., 2i., transfer 2p. on auxiliary cn. before the sample, 2L., 2L. with auxiliary cn., 3i. *;
- 9p.: * 2i., Transfer 1p. on auxiliary cn. behind the sample, 2l., 1i. with auxiliary cn., transfer 2p. on auxiliary cn. before the sample, 1i., 2l. with auxiliary cn., transfer 1p. on auxiliary cn. behind the sample, 2l., 1i. with auxiliary cn., transfer 2p. on auxiliary cn. before the sample, 1i., 2l. with auxiliary cn., 2i. *;
- 11p.: * 1i., Transfer 1p. on auxiliary cn. behind the sample, 2l., 1i. with auxiliary cn., 2i., transfer 2p. on auxiliary cn. behind the sample, 2l., 2l. with auxiliary cn., 2i., transfer 2p. on auxiliary cn. before the sample, 1i., 2l. with auxiliary cn., 1i. *;
- 13r.: * 1i., 2l., 2i., Transfer 1p. on auxiliary cn. behind the sample, 2l., 1i. with auxiliary cn., transfer 2p. on auxiliary cn. before the sample, 1i., 2l. with auxiliary cn., 2i., 2l., 1i. *
We repeat from 1p. for 14 rubles.
Malinka pattern: video master class
Ease of execution and versatility are the main advantages of this pattern..
The initial number of ptl is 8p. + 2p. + 2cr. Operating procedure:
- 1p .: 1cr., 1l., * (8l., We unfold the work and in the opposite direction on the same ptl we knit 8i.) X2, 16l. *, 1l., 1cr .;
- from 2p. 4p.: persons. smooth surface;
- 5p .: 1cr., 1l., 8l., * (8l., Unfold the work and in the opposite direction on the same ptl we knit 8i.) X2, 16l. *, 1l., 1cr .;
- from 6p. 8p each: persons.gl.
To continue, we repeat the algorithm with 1p.
Pattern “Puffs”: video master class
The pattern is especially suitable for knitting scarves and hats..
To get a picture with 1p. 4p. knit garter stitch.
At 5p. from each 1p. we knit 2l. (behind the front and behind the wall), increasing the number of ptls by half.
From 6p. for 18 rubles. we knit the front surface.
At 19p. every 2p. we knit in 1 liter, returning to the initial number of p.
Next, we repeat knitting with 1p.
Volumetric pattern “Spikelets”: video master class
Photo ideas and schemes of dense patterns
Photo examples and schemes of dense patterns