Acquaintance with jute thread
Even beginners will be able to weave simple crafts from jute threads. Experienced craftsmen use jute to weave more complex unique items with the use of other decorative elements. Several do-it-yourself twine crafts master classes will help you master the unusual technique.
Before novice craftsmen weave something, you need to familiarize yourself with jute thread. This durable dressing material is most often used in everyday life. In addition, due to its strength and neat appearance, it is used for dressing, packing and sewing various products. There are several types of twine, each of which is used in a specific technology:
- polypropylene – capable of withstanding high temperatures up to 50 degrees. He is not afraid of moisture or alkali. It is the most durable thread, which is why it is called a cord;
- textile – used for packaging and stitching products;
- linseed and hemp;
- linen polished.
Before starting work, you should choose the type of thread and prepare everything you need so as not to be distracted in the process, but to completely surrender to creativity.
What is twine
This natural thread is also called jute or jute fiber, because it is obtained from a plant of the same name. Due to its strength, many loads are tied with twine, ropes are woven from it. The ubiquitous burlap is made from thin jute thread..
Many needlewomen value jute just for its natural straw color. This gives the products made from it a cozy rustic look. But besides decoration, jute twine crafts can be painted.
Playing with color is appropriate in things that are simple in form and execution. There are two options: change the color of the thread before work or paint a ready-made souvenir.
At the preparation stage
Jute can be clarified before use. To do this, the thread must be soaked in any chlorine-containing bleach, for example, “Whiteness”. The output will be a light beige or milky twine.
Bleached thread can be dyed:
- special dyes for cotton fabrics;
- onion peel (color palette from yellow to brown);
- pharmacy brilliant green;
Food colors do not give persistent staining, they get hands dirty during work, therefore they are not used for twine.
The use of jute in needlework
Jute thread is affordable and easy to find in stores. To create crafts from jute twine with your own hands, you will need a standard set of stationery. Having started acquaintance with this type of needlework with simple products, it will soon be easy for the master to move on to the most complex works..
The technology for creating such crafts does not require the purchase of expensive additional equipment. Skills are easy to apply to make crafts from rope and twine with your own hands.
Jute cords are actively used for the manufacture of various items of openwork weaving using the filigree technique and interior decoration.
Using twine or twine, you can quickly and easily transform any object.
Advantages and disadvantages of jute
Jute is a natural fiber. It is grown in India. The technology for the production of jute fiber consists in cutting the long stems of the plant and soaking them in water.
After two to three days of soaking, the jute stalks are dried and processed. The technology does not involve the use of active chemical reagents, so jute is absolutely safe for human health..
Its advantages include pliability and ease of use..
The disadvantage is the ability to actively absorb moisture and susceptibility to decay.
The jute cord must be stored in a dry room, as it is less processed when wet and dries for a long time..
Differences between jute and flax and manila hemp
Manila hemp is durable and does not absorb moisture. A very strong rope with a pleasant shade is produced from it, which is especially appreciated for its strength and durability. The cost of Manila hemp has led to its use for the decoration of rich rooms..
Linen twine has a dull grayish tint. It is fragile and soft, which makes the job very easy. It is flax that is most often used to make burlap..
The pleasant golden yellow shade of jute makes it an excellent option for decorating wooden surfaces. Jute is quite durable, and making jute crafts with your own hands does not present any particular difficulties..
Types and properties of twine
The twine is made single-strand or multi-strand. To obtain threads from bast fibers, jute, hemp, linen, paper are twisted, and their combination is also used. And for the production of synthetic twine, polypropylene, viscose and nylon threads are used. Synthetic rope has some advantages: it does not absorb moisture, is lightweight, color-fast and safe for human health..
Jute twine is very popular among needlewomen. It is made from the plant of the same name. Jute fiber has low elasticity, so the fabric from it is coarse and tough. But nevertheless it is used for the production of furniture fabrics, insulation, burlap, packaging material. And the most basic application is the manufacture of ropes, ropes and twine. Jute twine has a unique property: it completely decomposes when recycled, without polluting the environment. It is used to create designer jewelry, designer items and unusual crafts. Jute blends well with other materials.
Jute filigree technique
The method of weaving jute crafts with their own hands for beginners is quite easy to learn. An important component of success is the placement of the product during production on a flat surface..
Filigree implies the creation of openwork patterns by various weaving of fibers.
Modern jute filigree techniques suggest:
It will greatly simplify the preparation of a stencil with a sketch of an invented pattern to create DIY twine crafts.
Stencils are a schematic drawing of the future product. Their use helps to make symmetrical patterns, speeds up the process of creating crafts from jute twine using filigree technique.
The main rule for making convenient stencils is to apply a clear image on white paper..
It’s easy to come up with a pattern to create a template on your own..
Simple craft ideas
You can start the work on creating interior items using jute cord with do-it-yourself burlap and twine crafts.
A lot of interesting and original crafts can be made from jute. Some require a minimum amount of material. Consider some of the available ways to make DIY twine crafts. The master classes are very simple.
These tenants can be made in different sizes and in different techniques. The only difficulty that a novice master may face is the head..
Therefore, take note of the method:
- Prepare a 15 cm square of burlap and strong thread.
- Take a synthetic winterizer, it can be a synthetic winterizer made of unnecessary clothes.
- Form a ball of padding polyester, put it in the center of the square and pull off all the ends of the burlap.
- Tie with a thread.
For a tight ball, you need to make an effort. Lubricate the binding with glue and trim off excess material. Use the resulting tangle as the basis for the head of the future brownie.
Weave hair from twine, arrange bast shoes, beard or mustache. Dress the brownie and take the place from where the toy will protect your home.
Advice. The ends of the material can not be cut off, but loose and cut so that a hairstyle is obtained..
Horseshoe made of twine and coffee
Horseshoe mascot is made from a cardboard blank. However, you can use thin foam rubber. With coffee beans in two rows, the work looks very interesting, despite the simplicity..
As you can see, it’s worth starting small, as ideas won’t keep you waiting. At the same time, needlewomen use different techniques and techniques. They begin to combine and create not only new twine crafts, but also new directions in handmade.
Original jute Christmas tree
To make a symbol of the New Year, prepare the materials:
- cardboard and a thick wooden skewer;
- glue, scissors, decorative elements;
- cling film (optional).
Any small items are suitable as a decor – cereals, beads, bows and flowers from satin ribbons..
Steps of the twine craft master class:
- Make a circle for the bottom and a blank for a cone out of cardboard.
- Assemble the cardboard base.
- Insert a wooden skewer into the bottom of the cone and fix with glue.
- Lubricate the cardboard with glue and wind the twine gently.
- When the product is dry, decorate to your liking.
If you want to make an empty Christmas tree, then cover the cardboard base with foil. Wrap the cone and bottom separately. Remove the cardboard and assemble the product.
Easter crafts from jute twine
For spring work, come up with a plot. You will need:
- Wooden eggs and coasters.
- Cardboard boxes.
- Basics for baskets.
- PVA glue and thermo.
- Wire for the manufacture of frame and parts.
- Paper masking tape.
- Cling film.
And also decorative elements – buttons, beads, lace.
Wrap a wooden egg with foil, then:
- Apply glue to half of the base, wrap with twine.
- Do the same with the second half of the egg..
- Leave 0.5 cm between the winding halves.
- After drying, remove the rope halves.
- Fix the inside with hot melt glue and glue the halves together.
You can paste over a wooden egg and not take it out. Such a product will be much stronger. Decorate the egg with buttons, flowers or beads.
Use a balloon for the base. Lubricate half of the ball with PVA. Wrap the twine in a random order. When the glue is dry, pierce and remove the ball.
Bells can be made in the same way as the Christmas tree was made. Prepare the necks from plastic bottles for winding, and the finished bells, decorate with red satin ribbons.
You can also use a natural cord to create a new lampshade for home lighting fixtures..
The first step is to carefully consider the design of the product, the theme of the ornament and select additional decorative details.
You can create patterns yourself. It is easy to search for topics for inspiration on the Internet, having studied do-it-yourself jute crafts and their new items.
It is convenient to use an inflatable children’s ball as a basis for a lampshade. The cord is impregnated with PVA glue, wound on the base in any order or according to the stencil.
After drying, the ball must be pierced, and the product must be additionally decorated with pebbles or other decor.
A glass jar wrapped in cling film will also serve as the basis for the manufacture of a lampshade..
Piggy bank made of natural twine
A jar with a screw-on plastic lid is suitable for the base. You will need to make a slot in the lid for coins. Seal the slot, apply glue and wind the twine on the lid and on the jar.
When the glue is dry, cut the threads on the lid where the slot is already prepared. Decorate the piggy bank to your liking, add coins to the decor.
Create an unusual bow
It is very easy to make a bow out of it. It can be used in the form of a brooch, as an ornament for hair, to decorate objects with it. You will need: twine, silicone glue, scissors and any container with a diameter of no more than 15 cm. We wind the twine tightly onto the jar, monitor the tightness and accuracy of the turns. We wind until the desired width of the bow is reached. Then we cut the thread and cover the whole product with glue. Let it dry well, then remove the product from the can and squeeze it in the center to make a bow. In the center, we make several turns of the thread and fix it with glue on the back side. Let the product dry and the bow is ready.
It is easy to decorate a wall clock with twine, changing it beyond recognition.
It is easy to give a watch any shape, for example, turn it into an owl or a cat.
To design a watch in the form of a cute cat you will need:
- a watch movement with a dial or an ordinary watch;
- jute cord;
- universal or PVA glue;
- The dial is wrapped with a cord, after having smeared the base with glue.
- For the head of the animal, a round blank is cut out of cardboard. A cord is glued onto it in a spiral.
- Oval legs and an elongated tail are formed from a cord by creating spiral blanks.
- The front legs are fixed closer to 1 and the number 11 on the clock.
- The tail is attached at the bottom and directed along the product.
- Ears of a triangular shape, rounded cheeks, paw pads and a mustache are made from the cord..
- The tongue is cut out of cloth or red felt.
- Use buttons or beads for the eyes and nose..
It is not difficult to supplement the craft with a satin bow tie.
There are many options for decorating watches. For decoration, it is easy to use twine patterns on a floral theme.
An original handmade candlestick will not only serve as an interior decoration, but will also become a pleasant gift for loved ones.
For manufacturing you will need:
- jute cord;
- cardboard base;
To decorate the product, you need a stencil with a pattern.
- The cord is laid in rings, the diameter of which is about 5 cm. A cylinder of 12 turns is formed.
- To decorate the base from the cord, they make openwork twisted loops and ribbons according to the stencil.
- They are glued to the base according to the chosen pattern..
- Ribbons and beads are used for additional decor..
It is easy to come up with a lot of options for decorating lamps. The idea with a candlestick is easy to apply as a basis, planning to make New Year’s jute crafts with your own hands.
In addition to candlesticks, interesting crafts for the New Year holidays can be created by familiarizing yourself with the technique of modeling openwork products from a cord.
Small items basket
On one wrapping, ideas and methods of making twine crafts do not end there: with due diligence, you can make a full-fledged basket or box. To do this, you need to find a plastic container of the required size and shape, scissors, glue, a crochet hook and follow the plan:
- On top of the plastic container, make cuts at the same distance.
- Wind the thread vertically through the notches.
- After completion, cut and glue.
- Wind the twine from below in vertical lines, using a hook if necessary.
- Then the product is turned over and the bottom is fixed with glue..
- Allow to dry and remove the container..
Jute thread is often used to make unusual jewelry. Using a cord or thread, you can decorate an old bracelet, a hair band, or make an unusual pendant.
You will need old jewelry as a basis for work. The item will need to be cleaned of the old decor, degrease its surface with a solvent.
Having thought over the pattern, the thread is glued to the product according to the template.
Additionally, it is easy to glue beads or rhinestones for beauty.
Take a non-standard approach, it is easy to create many interesting objects from jute.
Original decorative elements from the cord are made using the technique of air weaving.
The basis for creating any pattern are:
The loop can be easily shaped with a toothpick..
First of all, for work, you need to think over the design of the product, and create a stencil. It is used as a basis for the formation of patterns from thread or cord..
The cord is impregnated with PVA glue and laid according to the template. Thus, an openwork pattern is created..
After the glue dries, the product will retain its shape.
Using the modeling technique, it is easy to create snowflakes, butterflies, dragonflies or various floral patterns from the thread..
Items can be used to decorate the interior and decorate the wardrobe.
Products can be not only flat, but also voluminous objects. It is easy to decorate a casket or a cup holder with openwork details..
It is easy to take the basis for creative ideas by looking at the twine crafts with your own hands, all the new items on the Internet.
A twine-wrapped hoop or square frame, decorated with lush flowers or other decorations, can fit into any interior as an interesting wall composition. The craft is carried out easily: the main thing is to tightly wrap the frame, not to allow overlaps or the formation of voids.
The described ideas are easy to bring to life, having received, instead of boring twine, original accessories, decor and gizmos that will decorate any interior or become an unusual gift. The filigree technique will not cause difficulties, and the given photos of twine crafts will be a good start in arts and crafts.
Making a broom amulet
Another simple DIY jute craft. To make a broom, you need twine, a book, and scissors. We wind the twine in one layer around the book, then carefully remove it and tie it on one side, hiding the knot inside the product. We wrap the resulting end tightly with jute, making a broom handle. Cut the threads on the other side, obtaining twigs of a broom. We collect the twigs in small bunches, wrapping them in a checkerboard pattern with a jute rope. The amulet broom can be additionally decorated with small artificial flowers, hearts, a butterfly, a red ribbon bow and a coin.
Weaving a practical basket
An easy-to-make basket takes a little more time. But the material for a basket of twine with your own hands is required very little. We select a plastic container according to the size of the future basket, you will also need scissors, a crochet hook and jute twine. Let’s start making the basket:
We make small notches along the upper edge of the container at regular intervals..
- We wind the thread vertically, passing it through each serif, preventing it from slipping.
- When finished, cut the thread and secure the free end with glue..
- Then we begin to wind the twine horizontally, passing through the vertical threads. For convenience, we cut off meter-long fragments. The turns must be close to each other.
- Next, we make the bottom of the basket. Turn the product upside down. Apply glue to the threads at the bottom.
- We begin to apply twine in a circular manner, securing the end, then put the product aside until it dries completely.
- Moving on to the design of the top of the basket. To do this, we cut the threads at the weave, grab two adjacent ends and twist them into a curl. Then we grease with glue at the base and wrap it in the form of a rose, glue it to the edge of the product. We do this with all the threads..
- Then carefully pull out the container. The basket is ready, it can be used as a casket, a planter for a flower pot or for various little things.
Unusual rope rug
It turns out interesting crafts from a tourniquet, rope and twine. Let’s take a closer look at making a rug from a rope. Self-made will cost less than the purchased one and will fit well into any interior. You only need to spend money on the rope. It can be purchased at any building materials store. For the rug, in addition to the rope, you will need silicone glue, a stationery sharp knife and thick fabric as a backing.
Cut out a circle from a dense fabric and process the edge so that it does not sprinkle. We begin to wind the rope into a ring from the center, holding it with our hand. Having laid out to the desired diameter, apply silicone glue on top and glue the substrate. It will prevent the silicone from scratching the floor and will hold the rope well. The rug is ready, it remains to find a place for it in your interior. And if you are good at crocheting, then you can easily knit a thinner rope rug.
Jute household items
It is easy to make various items for household use from jute cord or rope..
An example of a rope craft for beginner needlewomen can be a stand for hot dishes.
To create it you will need:
- rope or jute cord;
- base (cardboard, cloth, piece of wood);
- universal glue;
- scissors or clerical knife.
- Give the base the necessary shape. Usually, the coasters are made round or in the form of a square. It is easier for novice craftsmen to take a circle as a basis..
- The desired pattern is formed from a rope or cord. It’s easier to start with a spiral blank. The base is covered with glue, the cord is neatly laid in a spiral.
- The edge can be decorated with a larger cord.
It is easy to depict any ornament on a wooden base. If you pre-soak a piece of wood stain and varnish it, the result will be a unique interior element..
Unique twine crafts
Twine crafts are easy to make. You can make an original vase from a bottle with your own hands. Even a novice master can make it. You will need string, bottle, silicone glue, scissors, and a glue gun. Pre-clean the bottle of labels and degrease with alcohol. Then we apply silicone glue and gradually wind the thread, tightly laying the turns. Cut the thread and leave the product to dry completely. The finished vase can be decorated with flowers, leaves and twine curls. Use beads, rhinestones and other decorative elements.
You can take an old out-of-fashion vase for the base, which is a pity to throw out. Cover it with twine, decorate with decor, and it will become a bright accent in your interior..
Another easy way to make rope products. You can make a lamp – a pumpkin-shaped night light. He will decorate the room and add coziness. For a night light, you will need: a rope, a balloon, scissors, PVA glue, paint and a Christmas tree garland. Inflate the balloon and place it in a container to stabilize it. Pour PVA glue into another dish and, wetting the rope in it, wind it around the ball. Leave a small hole on top. Set aside and let dry well. Next, pierce the ball with a needle and pull it through the hole. Paint the workpiece with paint, preferably a car paint, from a spray can. Insert the garland into the pumpkin and the night light is ready.
Using a similar technique and balloons, Christmas tree decorations can be made in different sizes. After complete drying, decorate the toys with beads, rhinestones and tie a thread in the form of a loop for hanging on a Christmas tree. You can make toys with your children..
Using a jute cord, it is easy to give an original look to any storage container, transform a jar beyond recognition or decorate a bottle..
For pasting, experts advise using PVA glue. It does not leave streaks after drying.
The selected container will need to be pre-rinsed, dried, degreased glass or plastic. Then cover with an even layer of glue. The cord is applied in even rows and pressed so that there are no gaps.
Similarly, you can decorate pots, a box of an interesting shape, pots for indoor plants..
You can add the decor with pebbles, beads, lace or fabric appliques..
Jute filigree workshop: Twine vase
Such a charming vase with a bunch of jute twine can be an excellent gift for friends and colleagues.
At one end I wrap it with cardboard for thickening and smooth everything with tape and on double-sided tape I begin to wrap the future vase with twine.
Here she is already wrapped in twine.
Now we make leaves or weed. We draw a sheet on paper, put it in a folder, squeeze it along the contour with glue and lay out the twine. Two circles with ordinary twine, and then bleached (I bleach in White).
After bleaching, the twine becomes a little thicker and frizzy, then I spin it a little between my fingers. Here is one leaf ready. There are many of them, I was tortured to make them, and even their size is large.
And we begin to glue on the Titan to the vase. It is better to glue when the leaf is still wet from the glue, then it will take any shape and it is easy to bend it.
Here I have already finished. Made a couple of leaves dark. And then I made an edging or a leg, I don’t know how to say it correctly. The strip at the very bottom of the vase.
I just glued the twine into such a strip of the required length. My folder size turned out to be too small, so I had to finish one more piece like this..
And glue it on the bottom, moisten it abundantly with glue to give even greater hardness.
And we proceed to the flowers. We draw a circle and pull it out in the form of a droplet and spread it with twine.
And while the glue is not high, i.e. while the flower is still wet, fold it into a bag with a small hole at the bottom.
But I wanted to add colors and since I will have tangerine roses in my bouquet, I decided to make them red. Painted with water stain Larch. I just poured it into a plate and dipped the bleached twine into it to make the color richer. Then just wring it out, you can rinse it in water, otherwise the twine will be a little harsh and dry.
Here I made some more flowers.
Here is one flower closer. First, I painted the tip of the stamen in a dark color, but then I made them all pale yellow (salty dough).
That’s how I did it! It is almost done, it remains to decorate the top to give a finished look.
I made these small leaves of different shapes.
And she began to glue to the neck of a vase.
It turned out like this.
Now the vase is ready! Let’s spin.
I made tangerine roses, pistachio flowers and coffee balls. And then she glued everything to the sacking, cut out the squares, loosened the ends and glued the flowers.
Now it remains to insert the bouquet into the vase. Since my vase is tall, I filled it with styrofoam almost to the top and stuck spirals into it.
I covered everything from above with a padding polyester, added roses and sprinkled everything with coffee beans.
That’s all, the vase and the bouquet are ready! I like it so. If you wish, you can remove the bouquet and insert a decanter of water into the vase and put fresh flowers in it..
DIY burlap and twine flowers
3 types of materials are ideally combined with each other, from which you can create a lush flower – burlap, twine and lace. For inexperienced craftswomen, you need a detailed micron, where all the steps of the work will be painted. More sophisticated needlewomen will be able to recreate the composition according to the drawing.
It will be interesting for you.Procedure for sewing bedspreads with your own hands
To form a combined flower, it is worth preparing the following materials:
- needle and thread;
- cardboard and compasses;
- glue gun;
- Ruler and pencil;
- white cotton.
Combined flower option
How to make flowers from burlap and twine with your own hands for decoration:
- Using a compass made of cardboard, make a circle of small diameter. The detail will become the basis of the flower, so that the bud keeps its shape and does not deform in the process.
- Cut a circle out of white cotton, the diameter of which will be large enough. This will be the base skirt for the bud. Glue the piece to the cardboard circle using a glue gun.
- Prepare 2 strips of burlap of the same length and width. The width of each element should be 2.5-3.5 cm.Using tweezers, pull out the fibers so that the strip resembles a lattice.
- Glue the ends of one strip to the center of the cotton center to create a kind of loop. Fold the resulting loop in half and glue its center to the cotton circle again.
- Repeat the same with the second strip. But you need to glue this element perpendicular to the first part. It is important to follow the appearance of this part of the product – it must be the same.
- Cut 10 strips of twine. Glue the strips like a burlap, dividing the corners between parts such as the bisector. As a result, burlap and twine will form a kind of snowflake..
- Cut a strip of lace from such a width that it does not overlap cotton and other tiers of the composition. Sew the strip along the length with basting stitches. Pull off the thread, forming a kind of skirt.
- Sew a lace “skirt” to the cotton base so as not to overlap the burlap and twine loops.
- Separately make a small burlap rose using the already known method. Sew beads into the center of the bud.
- Glue the rosette to the already finished base. You can sew this element to a cotton base.
- Use a needle to remove a few fibers from the cotton circle, forming a light fringe.
Ready-made flower from burlap and twine
Such a combined flower can be used as a brooch, hairpin, the basis of a textile bouquet for room decor, to decorate a bag.
How to make leaves
Jute flowers and leaves are in perfect harmony with each other in the overall composition. There are a lot of options for making this element – it all depends on the type of plant and the technique of execution. Initially, it is worth choosing a pattern to embody the idea, and then prepare the materials:
- Leg-split. You can choose the material in green or natural brown.
- Prepare a leaflet-shaped template and a stationery file as a basis for forming the product.
- Super glue or glue gun.
- Long wooden skewer and tweezers for adjusting the shapes.
Variants of schemes for the manufacture of diverse leaves:
- The easiest way to make a sheet is to make a sheet by curly twisting jute with thread sizing. Moving from the center, twist the fiber, giving it the desired shape. Additionally, you can make streaks from pieces of twine.
- The filigree technique is often used, you can choose any intricate pattern-shape and start gluing the parts on a clerical file. The work is very painstaking, since the rope must be correctly positioned on the base using tweezers.
Unique but simple leaf
- By overlapping pieces of rope like a lattice on top of each other. Each binding must be coated with glue. Cut out the shape and glue the outline with a string. This option will be similar to the fact that the leaf was made from burlap..
Making a curly sheet
Important! The size of the leaves should be proportional to the size of the flowers. To make the composition complete, it is advisable to perform the leaves in the same technique as the buds before..
The idea of creating plant compositions from twine and burlap is a unique principle of forming beautiful products. In addition, such materials are in harmony with any type of base. The flower will be an ideal addition or decoration of clothes, interior, accessories.
Detailed master class on creating a basket
So let’s get started.
We begin to weave a basket from the bottom. To do this, we cut the twine into segments of 30 – 35 cm and make ribbons of 2 or 3 threads from them.
I used 2 strand ribbons, they are easier to get started with.
We bind 4 ribbons in the middle between each other.
Then we weave two more ribbons.
The bottom will consist of 8 strips, which means there will be 16 posts.
Then we glue the end of the thread between the ribbons and begin to braid them in a circle in several rows..
Since the number of racks is even, the pattern has to be shifted to get the weave of the thread.
This can be fixed by adding one more rack..
Just glue it in a convenient place between the threads and continue to weave the pattern in a circular pattern with ribbons of 3 threads.
When the tape ends, we build it up next, gluing the ends together.
Well, our bottom turned out to be of the desired diameter. Now we glue another tape to the stand and weave one circle with two tapes..
This is done very simply: each tape is sequentially tucked into the next, next to the rack..
After that, we bend the racks at an angle of 45 degrees and “dress” our workpiece on the mold.
So that the racks do not stick out in different directions, they can be tied with a string at the base of the bucket.
Then we begin to weave with a ribbon of 3 or 4 threads in a circle.
We continue to work this way until the desired height of the basket is reached..
Next, we braid one circular row of two working belts, as well as at the bend of the racks at the base of the bottom.
- When you finish weaving, cut off the excess length of the racks, while hiding the ends between the ribbons of the last row.
- It should look like this.
- According to this pattern, you can weave a basket of any shape, for example, oval or square.
The next step is making a handle. To do this, we make a tape of three threads and bend it in an arcuate way, thus giving the shape of the handle.
Insert the ends of the tape between the last row of the basket from opposite sides. How to fix it is shown in the photo.
- For greater reliability, we wrap the place of attachment of the handle with twine.
- In conclusion, over the handle we glue the usual classic braid woven from jute and decorate the ends with bows.
- Well, our wicker basket is ready!
- This is what the bottom of the basket looks like.
- I also decorated it with a flower, by the way, also made of twine.
Well, this is my Easter composition. Wicker basket with festive eggs. I’ll go on a visit with her.
And here is another basket of jute twine lace. I wove it according to the same principle..
It looks very different. And with flowers in general, super! A beautiful gift idea. Agree?
- A very soulful idea turned out to be used to serve bread on the table..
- I also have wicker baskets with bows, which you can see in this article..
Anyone who wants to get a stasis ready-made basket, I invite you to look into the store. There you can buy a basket of your choice..
Well that’s all, dear friends! This concludes my master class.
Examples of crafts
In recent years, jute has become in demand among craftswomen and needlewomen for creating original decorative compositions. The peak in popularity of the material coincided with a growing interest in Scandinavian style in the design of the room and the philosophy of hygge. However, with the help of jute and burlap, you can create beautiful crafts in vintage and ethnic styles..
You can crochet miniature flowers from jute, or you can make voluminous floral arrangements with your own hands..
Jute and burlap flowers are used to decorate cushions and other home textiles..
Having fixed the patterns of flowers and leaves on a serpian tree, you can create a stylish panel with your own hands.
There are a lot of ideas for using jute in decorating a room and making original gifts, and even a novice craftswoman can cope with the work. The main thing is to find simple patterns and patterns, and then step by step follow all the recommendations of experienced needlewomen.
Twine crafts fit perfectly into the concept of autumn exhibitions, as well as exhibitions where the theme “Autumn” and Teacher’s Day are combined (this happens often at school).
Beautiful, not annoying with variegation, they look convincing and do not seem incomplete. They can be accompanied by crafts made of twine, plait, decorative cord.
A vase of flowers made of jute and burlap. Filigree work, which, among other things, does not require much effort. It’s not a shame to give such a composition for a birthday..
A garland of cones and jute in the hygge style is what you need for New Year’s ideas. Actually, it can hang all winter, it looks very cozy.
But what wonderful string bags are weaved from twine. By the way, such eco-friendly bags are back in fashion, and they are also exclusive and look much more advantageous than the ubiquitous plastic bags..
An example of how different jute vases are. This is a model of a small vase, the decor is complemented by delicate light beads. A very elegant and uncomplicated sample.
Christmas trees made of twine and coffee beans are a very delicate, unobtrusive decoration that will not annoy. Again, a wonderful gift for the holiday: given once, and will delight for many years.
A job for those who are ready to go further than just tying plastic cups and bottles with twine. Subtle, not easy, but it already pretends to be a work of art, not a craft.
Jute is also used in panels, for example, in such. This is a good alternative to macrame. To form roses, you need a multi-colored burlap.
The twine was used to decorate the teahouse – it turned out to be cozy and warm. They took a rope of two colors here, which seems like a cool idea..
A small dessert vase, so exquisitely decorated, will be one of the most beloved in the house. There will fit some dryers or cookies: and the color scheme of the form and content will be close.
- Such jute angels are a good amulet for the house or a gift to a loved one. And also for execution you will need burlap or thick cardboard, or even a stronger base. In this case, braid is also used..
These examples do not include table napkins, tablecloths, rugs and baskets, which seem to be experiencing a jute boom in popularity right now. Which once again suggests taking a closer look at this cheap, unpretentious, but very inspiring material..
Interesting creative solutions!
Photo ideas for crafts from jute